Some days I had it so much together I thought I should give advice to everyone on how to have it all together. Ever since I became a mom though, those days pretty much vanished. Ever since I became a mom in a pandemic, I became a straight up ad for what not to do on a daily basis.
Here is a list of things you shouldn’t do that I did just today:
- Wake up at 1am worrying. Stay up at least a few hours.
- Wake up for real & drink lots of caffeine. This will help.
- Ignore your first instinct to take the dog and yourself on a run.
- Decide to order more caffeine along with a breakfast sandwich. This is healthy.
- Zoom class.
- Eat a well-balanced meal of your kid’s leftover quesadilla and mashed potatoes.
- Decide to Zoom a little more.
- Zoom meeting. (give your kid your phone so she will have plenty of screen time during this meeting).
- Rush your kid into the 405 traffic so you can make it to the Winter Wonderland that no one seems to care about but yourself.
- Make one of those delivered meal kits for dinner that are supposed to be easy, but when the first step is “zest a lime” it is way more than you bargained for.
But even these days have their moments. I pushed myself to get out the door (finally) for an evening run to see the neighborhood Christmas lights. This boosted my spirits enough to online grocery shop so that I have plenty of caffeine to start this whole thing over tomorrow.