This week has been one that has not inspired loads of gratitude from me. So I’m taking a moment here while my kid naps to be grateful for the littlest of gifts she gives me. I actually wrote that yesterday as I heard the little footsteps of Kenzy waking up for her nap, so I’m trying it again today!
Little Kenzy Gifts:
- When she actually falls asleep, she makes an audible sigh. It’s my cue that I can go, which is always good news–but it’s also just so sweet.
- The things she gets wrong with language–like when she says “sorry” every time she sneezes or “OOPIES” instead of “OOPSIES!”
- The way she is shocked every night we have been on a run after Halloween & the outside decorations aren’t there. “WHERE IS THE PUMPKIN???” “WHERE IS HALLOWEEN??” I have to explain every single night that it is over and that Christmas is coming.
- She will say sweetly, “Good Morning, Mommy” every single day.
- She joyfully repeats all the little details of a day’s adventure or a vacation over and over again.
- She has watched too many emo singers we’ve played her, and now she squints/closes her eyes & FEELS the song when she sings.
- Every time we play hide & seek, she hides in the exact same place.
- She insists on sleeping with a bag of grapes.
- She likes the lights on. If you turn any off, she will move her little chair over to the light, stand on it & turn that light back on.
- Her middle of the night tantrums. They are horrible but oh so funny. “NO NIGHTTIME, DAYTIME!”
- She is totally skilled at driving her little car around with her feet. She does 3 point turns, parallel parks & all sorts of crazy maneuvers–I give credit for our tiny house for forcing her to learn this at an early age.
- “Mommy’s HOME!!!” With both Kenzy and Huxley greeting me, it’s hard to stay frustrated about anything.
So with that, Happy Thanksgiving Week!!! I’m not doing a Turkey Trot, but I did find a 10k Trail run on Sunday that I will tell you all about. Have a great weekend.